We are thrilled to be able to offer schools across NE London and Essex another route to financial support for the 22/23 Academic Year through the Accelerator Fund.
Accelerator Fund schools could be eligible for up to £6,000 funding towards phonics resources and training. Accelerator Fund schools can also qualify for between 1-3 days of bespoke school support delivered by one of our Literacy Specialist team.
Priority will be given to schools who match the following criteria, which falls in-line with the English Hubs programme funding criteria:
- Lower than the national average percentage of pupils meeting the expected standard in the Phonics Screening Check in their most recent results.
- A higher-than-average proportion of pupils reading below age-related expectations.
- A higher-than-average proportion of children eligible for pupil premium.
- Ofsted judgment of Requires Improvement or Inadequate
- A high proportion of groups considered hard to reach, such as EAL, FSM, travellers, etc.
- Schools referred by local partners (e.g., NLEs, RSCs, LADs, EIA teams/boards.)
Additionally, we can fund schools who:
- Have Ofsted ratings “good” or “outstanding”, but whose English practice indicates a risk of declining standards.
- Have a Pupil Premium percentage equal to or below the national average.
- Schools with children at KS1/KS2 but do not complete the Phonics Screening Check
The Accelerator Fund is open to a wider remit of schools, including junior schools, special schools, schools with Ofsted ratings of "Good" and "Outstanding" and schools with lower pupil premium percentages.
Schools who have previously received English Hubs resource funding are eligible for further funding through Accelerator Fund if they haven’t had their maximum of £6,000 previously.
Please note that this funding offer is limited to the 22/23 academic year. Demand is expected to be high and therefore school funding will be awarded in line with the priorities listed above.
If you think that your school might be eligible for the Accelerator Fund, then please get in touch with the Accelerator Fund Delivery Lead, Sanisha Pahl, at: firstname.lastname@example.org>